Monday, December 14, 2009

Isopropyl alcohol on blackheads?

I heard about rubbing alcohol on blackheads and I wanted to know if it was true. (and is isopropyl alcohol the same thing as rubbing alcohol?) I put it on my nose which has a lot of deep blackheads and it made them less noticeable and made some of the disappear. (I used it about 4 times) Is it okay to keep using it? Should I put lotion on my nose? Is this bad fore my skin long term? Thanks!Isopropyl alcohol on blackheads?
Yes, rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol are the same thing. Some rubbing alcohols are made of ethyl alcohol instead of isopropyl alcohol.





Putting the isopropyl alcohol on the blackheads will help clean it, dry it, and kill the bacteria that are in large part responsible for acne. Once or twice a day on the black heads and acne should be enough, since too much alcohol can be drying and irritating. Hydrogen peroxide may also be just as effective.





Cutting down on sugary and fattening foods might also help. I think mint may be helpful too, so unless you're allergic to mint, try drinking peppermint tea. Avoid putting petroleum jelly on your face, that will only make acne worse. I prefer jojoba oil and borage seed oil. Lactic acid and glycerin may be better for keeping your skin moist and exfoliated, and you can find them in Eucerin and similar products. Drinking plenty of water is also very good for the skin, and eat more garlic to help control bacteria and microbes.

No comments:

Post a Comment