Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Blackheads,Pimples, and Zits - Acne/Puberty?

My son is turning 15 in a few months and I've noticed recently and for the past year that he has been getting a lot of blackheads, pimples, and zits. I know this is probably normal for teens around this age. But is there anything or anyway that can help this problem? ThanksBlackheads,Pimples, and Zits - Acne/Puberty?
You're best weapon is knowledge. Here is a site with information I have compiled from a couple listed sources and from what I have learned in my classes (nursing student). I explain the anatomy and workings of a pimple and how to prevent it and battle it. Good luck!!Blackheads,Pimples, and Zits - Acne/Puberty?
Yes, have him clean his face each night with Listerine. Dab some on a cotton ball and clean his face with it. I recommend once in the morning and then again before he goes to bed. Do this until his face clears, the he can cut back to just every night. I have been doing this since I was a teenager, I'm 51 and have a beautiful complexion. You will notice a difference immediately, like the very next day.


For the blackheads, he can place a hot cloth or steam his face and extract them, then clean his face with Listerine/
Well, don't try ProActive or nothing like that. It doesn't work. I use a prescription medicine. If I were you, I'd take him to a local Dermatologist and have him checked out. My dermatologist gave me a medicine called Minocyline. This REALLY works. The dermatologist you may go to might prescribe a different medicine, but they all work the same way. The medicine is designed to fight bacterial infections. I also noticed, but it may just be something else, but I usually get sick around Christmas time, but I took that medicine and I didn't get sick. I think it may have something to do w/ it. IDK, but anyways, a Benzoile Peroxide might be included. This works very well also. And differin. OH YES!!! Differin gets rid of the stuff deep in the pores. Anyways, that's just some good info. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment