i cant use strips because lie i said the blackheads are deep inside my pores and clean and clear didnt work. doe s anyone know what brand is good for these pores. i mean something that u have used and actually saw resuts.Blackheads deep inside the pore?
back before pro-active %26amp; biore strips %26amp; all that other stuff...
When I was a teenager, I would (1) boil water in a pan (2) turn stove OFF, (3) place a towel over my head %26amp; lean my face forward into the steam (1, 2 %26amp; 3 are the steps for steaming your face) then I would (3) mix table salt with water to form a paste (4) apply salt paste to oiliest, most blackheaded areas (for me it was the crease in my chin and my nose) and if needed lay down so that it won't fall off (5) alllow to dry, as it dries, it draws out the yucky stuff (6) after dries lean over a sink and run your hands under the water (7) use your damp hands to then scrub your facce with the dried salt (exfoliate) (8) rinse twice with water or more if needed to get all the salt off. When you wash/clean (like in the shower, etc...) then only use Dove Soap or a mild glycerine soap (like Pears)... do not use anything else on your skin. If your skin gets dry (this can be true of things like your legs or your elbows, if not your face at this point in your life) then use warm vegatable based oil (sweet almond oil, sunflower oil, extra light olive oil, grapeseed oil) you can warm it slightly by simply placing the jar in sunlight or drizzling it on your hands %26amp; then rub your hands together really fast to create a small amount of heat.. then simply run into your skin..... @ 30 I started to use warm oil on my entire body after every time I bathed while my skin was still warm as I found I was begining to get a little less oily with age.
If you will do this 1 time per week your complexion will improve. Then continue to do this 1 time per week until needed. I started this routine when I was @ 10 years old. The only ';soap'; ever used on any of my skin was either Dove or Pears. I will sometimes use Pears in the summertime when I am more oily. I was using this same routine even through my early 30s because I have very oily skin. At @ 35 I reduced the salt scrub down to 1 time per month. Now I am 41 and still use salt 1 time per month.
I have always had wonderful skin (thanks to both genetics and wonderful education early on how to take care of my skin). I have always had wonderful compliments on my skin %26amp; because my skin is so well cared for, I only use lipstick %26amp; mascarra... even in the 80s when heavy make-up was en vogue, I never really needed it %26amp; I never needed base make-up at all... thankfully, as it is so destructive to your skin %26amp; can actually be the root cause of clogged pores.
and ohhh, by the way.... my child is now 19.. my SON was properly educated about skin care; however, he thought Dove Soap %26amp; Salt Scrub was a ';girly thing';... so he wouldn't practice this routine... and was encouraged by his father that there were other products available... At 14 he began to be plagued with huge black-heads on face and his back... his father bought him every product on the market... they tried everything.. nothing seemed to work... and FINALLY he decided to try the routine that had been established by the women in my family since the 1800s.... it took about a month of diligent care to clear his skin up. now, at 19 he has beautiful skin and has no hesitation to advise his freinds on his skin care routine... and, yes, he uses either Dove or Pears along with the Salt Scrub.
to add.. seeing the comment below me.... yes, they say don't pinch them out.. I have done that in some rare cases of very large blackheads.. sometimes it is the only way to keep the blackhead from further stretching the pore %26amp; then scarring your skin... if you decide to ';pop'; then make sure your hands and under your fingernails are 100% scrubbed clean to avoid bacterial infectionBlackheads deep inside the pore?
well you can try toothpaste, if that doesn't work, i heard that head and shoulders shampoo works,or you can use cotton balls to dab salt water on it, and use honey 2-3 times a day to make the scaring go away, or you can rub ice on it for 5-10 minutes. I hope you fine something that works, if you do, tell me!
I have used my method and it works anytime...
You need baby oil and thing salt..
First rub oil and put table salk (not rock salt) and rub it against your sin..not too rough..and wash it...
This way it doesn't enlarge your pores and it doesn't infect it either...
If you have more questions just email me
Hi, First and foremost DO NOT USE CHEMICALS ON FACE
1. Put toothpaste on your pimple before you go to bed, should help reduce swelling overnight. Make sure it is the paste not the gel. One of the most popular acne home remedies.
2. Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the acne.
3. Apply a paste of fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves over the face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. This will prevent acne, pimples, blackheads, and wrinkles.
4. Place strawberry leaves on the acne, the alkalinity helps to reduce the swelling.
5. Extract juice of one lemon and mix with equal quantity of rose water. Apply this mixture on the face and let it stay for about half an hour. Wash the face with fresh water. About 15 days application helps cure acne, pimples and reduces blemishes and scars.
6. Another method is to massage the face with the skin of lemon before washing with lukewarm water.
7. Apply fresh mint juice over the face every night for the treatment of acne, pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies, %26amp; other skin infections.
8. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. At least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables should be included in your diet. All acne home remedies should include a healthy diet.
9. A couple of garlic cloves, crushed and dabbed on the face 1-2 times a day. One of the smellier acne home remedies!
10. Home face wash for acne: Mix together 1 or 2mls each of the following: witch hazel, tea-tree and sweet fennel essential oils, adding essential oil of geranium for women and essential oil of rosewood for men. Mix with 300mls of water. Shake before use, as the oils will float on top of the water during storage. Dab affected areas with cotton wool two or three times a day. The oils will clean and unclog giving antibiotic-like protection to the skin.
11. Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area overnight. Wash off with warm water next morning.
12. Use 2-3 tsp. dried basil leaves to 1 cup boiling water. Steep 10-20 minutes. Cool, and apply with cotton ball.
13. Grind orange peel with some water to a paste and apply on affected parts. One of the best acne home remedies.
14. Clean face with cotton wool dipped in rose water 2-3 times a day.
15. Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice in 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon powder and apply on affected areas frequently.
16. Nettle Tea is another solution, this tea has a herb that has some curing power and really helps work wonders on skin problems. Drink four cups a day to get the full benefit of one of the most powerful acne home remedies. Get nettle products here.
17. Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly speed up the healing of acne lesions. You can buy Aloe Vera at vitacost.com
18. Another lotion that uses bee propolis extract may also be effective. Mix eight ounces of water and 11 drops of bee propolis extract. One of the acne home remedies which has been proven effective with many people.
19. Some herbal acne home remedies...
Burdock leaf tea.
Lavender essential oil (mix 1:10 with water)
Tincture of calendula flowers.
Tea tree essential oil (mix 1:10 with water)
Liquefy cabbage leaves with witch hazel, strain and add two drops of lemon oil. Use as a lotion.
20. Ice down the acne before bed, by morning it should be noticeably less swollen. Works best on larger pimples that have not yet formed a head.
21. Take vitamin B5 and zinc supplements daily to strengthen the skin's resistance to acne.
22. Mix mint juice with turmeric powder and apply on affected area. Leave for 15-30 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
23. Mix some vinegar and salt in a bowl. Pour a little bit in your hand and rub it on the pimples. Soak a face towel in it and dab it on the bumps. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off.
24. Blend cucumber and make a paste. Apply this as a mask on your face and leave it for 1/2 hour and then rinse. This refreshes your skin and prevents acne.
25. Mix corn flour with egg white and apply on your face. Let is dry completely for 1/2 hour. Dip your hands in warm water and massage your face and wash off. This when repeated regularly gives you a smooth skin.
26. Mix sandalwood paste with rosewater and apply on the face. Rinse off after 30 minutes.
27. Essential oil face mask for acne: Use a mask base powder, such as fuller's earth or kaolin powder. Use distilled or filtered water to make a paste. Mix 1 heaped teaspoon of base powder to 3 drops of essential oil. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of the water in, to make a fluid yet balanced paste. Essential oils to add in the mask either separately or try smaller amounts together; cypress oil 1 drop, lemon oil 2 drops, sage oil 1 drop.
28. Mix the paste of tender neem leaves with turmeric and apply of affected area. An eastern approach to acne home remedies.
29. Grind some nutmeg with milk and apply on affected area. Pimples disappear like magic without leaving a mark.
30. Make a mixture of lime juice and rose water. Apply on face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
31. Make a paste by mixing 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks, pimples will disappear forever.
32. Rub fresh garlic on and around pimples. Pimples will disappear without a mark with regular applications.
33. Mix 1 tsps groundnut oil with 1 tspn fresh lime juice to prevent formation of blackheads and pimples .
34. Ground drumstick pods and leaves and mix mixed with fresh lime juice, and apply on pimples. This is also good for blackheads and dark spots.
35. First wash face and then dab acne with cotton balls soaked in vinegar.
36. Mix groundnut oil with an equal amtount of fresh lime juice and apply on face. leave for 10-15 minutes and wash. It may be applied daily to prevent formation of blackheads, acne and pimples.
37. Apply juice of raw papaya (including the skin and seed) on swelling acne, pimples.
38. Apply fresh lime juice mixed to a glass of boiled milk as a face wash for acne, pimples, blackheads, and ed skin.
39. Apply ripe Tomatoes pulp on acne, pimples and kept upto 1 hour, then wash.
40. Make a paste of roasted %26amp; powdered pomgranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over acne, boils, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
41. Apply grated potatoes as poultice to treat skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads , etc.
42. Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
43. Apply a paste of ground seasame seeds with water as poultice for inflammation of the skin due to allergies, skin rashes, and pimples.
44. Large pores on facial skin can be treated with paste of sandalwood powder with masoor dal.
45. Use an oatmeal or almond mask throughly to cleanse your face. Mix either oatmeal or almond powder with enough rose water to make a soft paste that spreads easily on the skin. Rub it on your skin with your fingertips, paying special attention the problem areas. Leave to dry for about 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This is very good in getting rid of blackheads.
46. A solution made out of one and a half cups of hot water and half a tablespoon of boric powder is an ideal remedy for blackheads, Saturate a face napkin in this hot solution and press on to the skin, repeat twice. Extract blackheads carefully with a blackhead remover and sterilized cottonwool. Pat on an astrigent.
47. Honey is a great remedy for skin blemishes and acne because the honey kills bacteria.
These are some effective home remedies for the treatment of acne and blackheads.
Well to answer your question I have the same problem and I am now using proactive. It helps remove them as long as you do it two times a day. If it dryes up your skin only do it once a day. Make sure you do face masks to.If you then see results keep using it so you don't have to worry about them even coming back. An also Ive learned that if your skin is dry and you use cover up a lot, then start mixing your cover up with some lotion and it won't look so dry and it won't show much of that peeling skin that some people have (like i do). You know what I mean?
Try steaming open your pores first off:
1) Bring a pot of water to boil
2) Dump it into a heat-safe bowl
3) Take a big towel and cover your head and the bowl with it (forming a tent-Might want to pull your hair back for this)
4) Keep your face under the towel for 5 minutes.
5) Quickly go to the bathroom and try clean+clear blackhead scrub.
6) Repeat about 2-3 times a week
Good luck....this works really well for me!
even though lots say it doesnt work, proactiv could help. also, se a dermatologist for best results. you can ask your facilist what she recommends, too. Facials get deep inside the pore, so go monthy
i used a paste made of baking soda and water.
like trsust me, it works.. atleast for me.
leave it on for about 10 minutes, and rinse it off with hot water and then immately cold water. your blackheads will be gona and you will get EXTRA smooth skin. :)
They say not to do this, but I squeeze them out sometimes. But yes, hot water helps open your pores!